1. WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITONS OF USE.
5. The website is operated by the Service Provider.
8. To download, install, access or use the website you must be 18 (eighteen) years of age or older. If you are under the age of (18) eighteen and you wish to use, download, install, access or use the website you must obtain consent from your parents or guardian before doing so.
9. The Service Provider shall provide you with prior notification where they have collected personal information from you and the purpose for which they have collected that information is affected by the intended amendment.
2. CONTENTS OF THE WEBSITE
1. The Service Provider reserves the right to make improvements, to amend or to discontinue, without notice, any aspect or feature of the website and any information or content of the website.
2. The Service Provider reserves the right to amend the products, prices and rates quoted on the website from time to time without notice.
3. The Service Provider makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information, data and/or content on the website, including but without limitation of the following:
- The Service Provider does not warrant that website, information thereon or downloads shall be error-free or that they shall meet any particular criteria of performance or quality. The Service Provider expressly disclaims all implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy;
- Whilst the Service Provider has taken reasonable measures to ensure the integrity of the website and its contents the warranty, whether express or implied, is given that any files, downloads or application forms available via this website are free of viruses, or any other data or code which has the ability to corrupt, damage or affect the operation of the user’s system; and
- The Service Provider disclaims any responsibility for the verification of any claims. Information published on this website may be done so in the format in which the Service Provider receives it and statements from external parties are accepted as fact.
3. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND THIRD PARTY CONTENT
1. The Service Provider has no control over and accepts no responsibility for the content of any website to which a link from the website exists unless the service provider is the provider of those linked websites.
2. Such linked websites are provided “as is” for your convenience only with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
4. Should you have any queries, concerns or complaints about such third party websites including but not limited to queries, concerns or complaints relating to products, orders for products, faulty products and refunds you must direct them to the operator of that third party website.
4. USAGE RESTRICTIONS
The user hereby agrees that it shall not itself, nor through a third party:
1.Use or copy any material from the website onto other websites; or
2.Frame the website or any part thereof onto your own or another person’s website.
1. The Service Provider hereby reserves the right to take whatever action it may deem necessary to preserve the security, integrity and reliability of its network and office applications in order to ensure the secure and reliable operation of the services to users of the Service Provider.
2. You may not utilize the website in any manner which may compromise the security of the Service Provider’s networks or tamper with the website in any manner whatsoever which shall include without limitation, gaining or attempting to gain unauthorized access to the website or delivering or attempting to deliver any unauthorized, damaged or malicious code to the website, all of which is expressly prohibited. Any person or entity which does so, or attempts to do so, shall be held criminally liable. Furthermore should the Service Provider suffer any damage or loss, civil damages shall be claimed by the Service Provider against the user.
3. Any user who commits any of the offences detailed in Chapter 13 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (the “ECTA”) shall, despite, criminal prosecution, be liable for all resulting liability, loss or damages suffered and/or incurred by the Service Provider and its affiliates, agents and/or partners.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. For the purposes of this clause, the following words shall have the following meanings ascribed to them:
1.“Intellectual property rights” means all and any of the rights in and to intellectual property of any nature whatsoever owned and/or controlled directly or under licence by the Service Provider, now or in the future, including without limitation, Service Provider’s rights, title and interest in and to all technology, source code(s), trade secrets, logos, systems, methods, trademarks, trade names, styles, insignia, designs, patents and copyright, and all similar proprietary rights which may subsist in any part of the world, whether registered or not.
2. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in all content, trademarks, software data, material, including logos, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, confidential information, designs, agreements, and multimedia works, published on or via the website (“proprietary material”), are the property of, or are licensed to the Service Provider and as such are protected from infringement by local and international legislation and treaties.
3. The Service Provider is the exclusive and sole owner of the licensee of all intellectual property rights contained on the website and in the material published on it. These works are protected by copyright and trademark laws and international treaties. All such rights are reserved.
4. You may print off one copy and you may download extracts of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organization to the material available on the website.
5. You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any material you have printed off or downloaded in any way and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
6. You must not use any part of the materials on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from the Service Provider or our licensors.
8. By submitting reviews, comments and/or any other content (other than your personal information) to the Service Provider from posting on the website, you automatically grant the Service Provider and its affiliates a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right and licence to use, reproduce, publish, translate, sub-licence, copy and distribute such content in whole or in part worldwide, and to incorporate it other works in any form, media, or technology now known or hereinafter developed, for the full term of any copyright that may exist in such content. Subject to this licence, you retain any and all rights that may exist in such content.
9. All rights not expressly granted are reserved and no right, title or interest in any proprietary material or information contained in this website is granted to you.
10. Except with the Service Provider’s express written permission, no proprietary material from this website may be copied or retransmitted.
11. Irrespective of the existence of copyright, the user acknowledges that the Service Provider is the proprietor of all material on the website, except where a third party is indicated as the proprietor, whether it constitutes confidential information or not, and that the user has no right, title or interest in any such material.
12. The Service Provider authorises you only to view, copy, temporarily download to a local drive and to print the content of this website, or any part thereof, provided that such content is used for personal purposes and for information purposes only, and such content is used for non-commercial purposes.
7. RISK, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
1. The user’s use of this website and the information contained thereon is entirely at the user’s own risk and the user assumes full responsibility and risk of loss resulting from the use thereof.
2. The transmission of information via the internet, including without limitation e-mail, is susceptible to monitoring and interception. The user bears all the risk of transmitting information in this manner. Under no circumstances shall the Service Provider be liable for any loss, harm or damage suffered by the user as a result thereof. Since the Service Provider reserves the right to request independent verification of any information transmitted via e-mail and the user consents to such verification should the Service Provider deem it necessary.
3. To the extent permissible by law:
- Neither the Service Provider, its affiliates, shareholders, agents, consultants or employees shall be liable for any damages whatsoever, including without limitation any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages howsoever arising (whether in an action arising out of statute, delict or otherwise) related to the use of, or the inability to access or use the content of the mobile application or any functionality thereof, or the information contained on the website, or any linked website even if the Service Provider knows or reasonably ought to have known or is expressly advised thereof.
- The liability of the Service Provider for faulty execution of the website as well as all damages suffered by the user, whether direct or indirect as a result of the malfunctioning of the website shall be limited to the Service Provider rectifying the malfunction within a reasonable time and free of charge, provided that the Service Provider is notified immediately of the damage or faulty execution of the website. This liability shall fall away and be expressly excluded if the user attempts to correct or allows third parties to correct or attempt to correct the website without the prior written approval of the Service Provider. However, in no event shall the Service Provider be liable to the user for loss of profits for special, incidental, consequential or punitive losses or damages arising out of or in connection with the mobile application or its use or the delivery, installation, servicing, performance or use of it in combinations with other mobile software.
1. The Service Provider takes your privacy seriously and is committed to protecting your personal information. The Service Provider uses your personal information collected from you in accordance with this policy.
2. Personal information in terms of this policy means information that can identify you as an individual or is capable of identifying you as such. Personal information does not mean general, statistical, aggregated or anonymised information.
3. Use of our services by you signifies your consent to us collecting and using your personal information as specified below.
4. We may collect information about you in the following manners:
- You may provide personal information to us when communicating with us;
- When you enter a competition or participate in a promotion, we will ask you for your name, address and e-mail address and any other relevant information about you.
5. We may use your information in the following manners:
- We may use your information to confirm that your orders have been received;
- To validate you as a customer when using the services of the Service Provider and calling the information desk;
- To prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse or damage to the services or networks of the Service Provider;
- To prosecute those responsible for criminal or fraudulent activity; and
- To contact with the purpose of inviting you to form part of our consumer panel or various research groups.
6. The time periods for which the Service Provider retains your information may vary according to the use or purpose attached to the information. Unless there is a specific legal requirement which requires the Service Provider to retain your information, the Service Provider shall not retain your information for longer than necessary for the purpose for which the information was collected or for which it is to be processed.
7. Disclosure of your information to third parties may occur in the following manners:
- The Service Provider may provide aggregate statistics about its sales, customers, traffic patterns and other website information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could identify you;
8. The Service Provider allocates cookies during the registration process for our services. These cookies shall retain information collected during your registration and will allow the 9. Service Provider to recognise you as a customer and provide you with the services you require.
9. Most internet browsers are set by default to accept cookies automatically, but you can usually alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance and to prompt you every time a cookie is sent to you or to allow you to choose not to receive cookies at all.
10. Should you prefer us to desist from processing your information for marketing purposes, kindly notify us in writing at the address set out in clause 11 hereunder.
1. By subscribing as a user of this website. You agree that you shall hold in the strictest confidence and not disclose to any third party information acquired in connection with any aspect of the products and/or services offered by the Service Provider. You shall notify the Service Provider should you discover any loss or unauthorized disclosure of the information.
2. Any information or material sent to the Service Provider will be deemed not to be confidential unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by the user and the Service Provider.
10. BREACH OR CANCELLATION BY THE SERVICE PROVIDER
- In the sole discretion of the Service Provider, use the website in an unauthorized manner; or
- Infringe any statute, regulation, ordinance or law.
11. COMPLIANCE WITH SECTION 43(1) OF THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSACTONS ACT 25 of 2002
In compliance with Section 43(1) of the ECT Act, the following is noted:
1. Full Name: BMW Financial Services (SA) (PTY) Limited;
2. Registration Number: 1990/004670/07;
3. Physical Address: 1 Bavaria Avenue, Randjespark Ext 17, Midrand, 1685;
4. Fax Number: +27(0)11 541 7593;
5. Telephone Number: 0861 BMWFIN (269 346)
6. Website Address: www.bmwfinance.co.za;
7. E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
8. Names of Office Bearers: C Kalinke, LC Prevost, A M Koser and T Abbott.
9. Registered at: South Africa.
12. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations pertaining to your use of and access to this website.
1. Except if otherwise stated, any notices shall be given to you by e-mail to the e-mail address you have provided the Service Provider or such other address that has been specified.
2. Notice shall be deemed to have been given to you 48 (forty eight) hours after an e-mail was sent, unless the sending party is notified that the e-mail address is invalid.
3. Alternatively the Service Provider may provide you with notice by registered mail, pre-paid postage and return receipt requested, to the address which you have provided to the 4. Service Provider. In such a case, notice shall be deemed to have been given seven (7) days after the date the notice was mailed.
5. Despite anything to the contrary, a written notice or communication actually received by a party shall be an adequate written notice or communication to it, despite that it was not sent to or delivered at its chosen address(es) for that purpose.
2. This website is controlled, operated and administered by the Service Provider from its offices within the Republic of South Africa. The Service Provider makes no representation that the content of the website is appropriate or available for use outside the Republic of South Africa. Access to the website from territories or countries where the content of the website is illegal is prohibited. Users may not use this website in violation of South African export laws and regulations. If the user accesses this website from locations outside of South Africa, they shall be responsible for compliance with all local laws.
3. The Service Provider does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our services, as operation of the website may be interfered with as a result of a number of factors which are outside of our control.
5. The Service Provider’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not constitute a waiver of our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
7. No party shall be bound by any express or implied term, representation, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein, whether it induced the contract and/or whether it was negligent or not.
8. Words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa and words importing the masculine gender shall include the female gender and words importing persons shall include partnerships and corporated and unincorporated entities.