1. BMW (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd (“BMW”) has implemented a Webchat interaction channel on the BMW website. This interaction channel allows Customers to interact directly with BMW.
2. BMW strives to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPI), by ensuring that its Customers’ personal information is dealt with in a reasonable manner that does not infringe the Customer’s privacy and in accordance with the provisions of POPI.
3. To this extent, BMW requires the Customers’ consent to process the personal information that may be provided through use of the Webchat Application. This processing of personal information includes but is not limited to the collecting, recording, organising, storing, updating, altering and use of your personal information so provided for the following purposes:
i. Use of the Webchat Application;
ii. To help BMW identify the Customers when they contact BMW;
iii. Complaints Management;
iv. Vehicle Data Management;
v. For general administration;
vi. To help BMW improve the quality of its products and services;
vii. To carry out analysis and customer profiling; and
viii. To identify other products and services which may be of interest to the Customers and to inform the Customers about BMW’s products and services.
4. Please be advised that personal information submitted through the Webchat Application may be sent outside South African borders and within the BMW Group where it will be processed, recorded, stored and replicated. Furthermore, personal information will be shared within the BMW Group and to BMW’s affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
5. Your attention is further drawn to the provisions of POPI in terms of which you may withdraw the consent so given to BMW. You may (after providing adequate proof of identity) make enquiries as to your personal information held by BMW and request a correction or deletion, as applicable.
6. BMW strives to ensure that its website and/or Webchat Application is secure. However, please be advised that when Customers provide personal information to BMW through the website, use of the Webchat Application or when Customers send BMW confidential and personal information by e-mail or through electronic communications or other means, such communications over the internet may not be secure. BMW may not be held responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond its control. BMW’s website may contain links to other websites outside of the BMW Group. BMW has no control over and accepts no responsibility for the content of any external website. BMW is not responsible for the content, privacy or security of external websites.