1. Roadside Assistance: BMW Approved service providers offer 24hour roadside assistance.
2. Tow-in service:
a. In an event of a mechanical/electrical breakdown, BMW On Call will arrange for your BMW to be towed to the nearest BMW Approved dealership
b. In an event of an accident, BMW On Call will tow the vehicle to the nearest BMW Approved Repair Centre
3. Accommodation: Should you be stranded as a result of a product related defect, BMW On Call will cover accommodation costs to the value of R850 per person, for one night up to a maximum of 5 people.
a. All accident related damages are excluded.
b. All meals are excluded.
c. Tyre and pothole related damage is excluded.
4. Car hire: In relation to product related defects, BMW will offer free car hire up to a maximum of 5 days. The customer will be liable for the payment of the fuel deposit which is refundable when the vehicle is returned to the rental company with a full tank.
a. All accident related damages, including pot holes, tyre related cases, etc are excluded from car hire.
b. BMW On Call’s commitment is to keep the customer mobile. Therefore, BMW rental vehicles are subject to availability with the relevant car rental agency.
5. Emergency medical assistance: In the event of an accident, BMW On Call will arrange for medical assistance.
6. During the National Lockdown the following special conditions apply to BMW On Call:
a. The BMW On Call contact centre will be operational with a reduced number of agents during the lockdown period. On-call technicians will also be available on a call-out basis to assist customers as and when required.
b. Mobility will be provided for breakdowns via BMW On Call and not BMW Retailers, on a case-by-case basis. This is to say that mobility will not be provided to all customers. BMW On Call will assess each case on its own merit. In cases where replacement mobility is essential, it will be provided via the rental of a roadworthy loan vehicle. As this is an emergency measure, we cannot guarantee the make, model or any other specifics of any replacement vehicle. Further Terms and Conditions of the Rental Agency will apply.
c. If a vehicle is not operational, BMW On Call will tow the vehicle to the nearest Retailer, or place of safety and store the vehicles until the Retailers are open. We endeavour to take every measure to ensure the safekeeping of the vehicle but do not accept liability in terms of theft or further damage to the vehicle.
d. BMW On Call technicians have been briefed on hygiene and safety protocols. Additional medical assistance may be called to assist in your transportation should the driver or any passengers display symptoms of Covid-19.
Exclusion: BMW On Call is not liable for any medical costs incurred.